POMT is a nationwide Workplace Technology solutions provider. We have an exciting new opportunity within our Melbourne Team for an experienced Audio Visual Engineer.
This role calls for an innovative, ambitious and self-driven professional. This role will be based out of our Melbourne office, supporting projects in Victoria as well as nationally and internationally. You will work closely with our Consulting, Solutions and Projects Teams to provide accurate designs for our clients during the project phase.
- Overseeing and generating Engineering documentation such as schematics and architectural coordination documentation.
- Support the creation of new designs whilst providing critical input on the audio, acoustic and technical aspects of the systems
- Draft estimations, including creation of Bill-Of-Material schedules, labour and detailing of scope and requirements
- Develop a strong understanding and knowledge base across required products and technologies
- Test new equipment, devices, and ideas
- Working with fabrication and manufacturing of custom hardware
- Think creatively to produce new ideas and concepts
- Keep up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Manage and review the allocation of works carried out by the drafting team
- You will have a strong understanding of workplace technology and associated technologies
- You'll understand architectural and construction practices, with an ability to work with other consultants and trades to find workable solutions.
- You will have the ability to digest and create documentation to support designs including architectural annotative layouts, elevations, schematics and basic modelling.
- You'll have a strong understanding of audio and electrical theory as it applies to audio visual systems
- You are aware of the fundamentals related to the sales process and cycle
- You'll be proficient in reading and understanding technical documentation and self train or seek out supporting information to ensure solutions and systems are sound
- You'll have a high level of experience in drafting (eg AutoCAD), drawing and creation of supporting documentation for small and large projects
- You can aptly delegate and manage time, tasks, expectations and team members for multiple concurrent projects.